Our jewelry pieces are made of gold-plated or silver-plated 925 sterling silver.
Looking after your jewelry properly will help maintain its splendor, shine and lifespan.
Here’s a list of useful/easy tips for you on how to care for your Coalesce jewelry:
- We do not recommend wearing jewelry when sleeping, swimming, practicing sports or having a shower.
- Our products can get wet, but we do not recommend bathing them daily as they can get damaged over time when they come in contact with soap or water itself. We do not recommend bathing in the sea with our products as salt deteriorates any type of jewelry.
- We recommend avoiding direct contact with perfume and make-up.
- To preserve your jewelry, it should be stored away from any exposure to sunlight or warm places, ideally in a padded jewelry box or tarnish-resistant bag. You can also keep these in individual airtight plastic (polyethylene) bags. Never use rubber containers, as these can result in accelerated tarnishing and are likely to cause the jewelry to darken.
- Under no circumstances should you keep your jewelry in a bathroom or any humid locations.
- Keep in mind that Coalesce boxes are not designed to keep items in perfect condition for prolonged periods of time, as they are not airtight containers, and color alteration may occur due to lack of usage.
HOW TO CLEAN OUR JEWELRY?
Loss of shine or tarnishing is a natural process that can be recovered through a special washing:
Mix a little soap with lukewarm water and rub the item with a soft toothbrush. Toothbrushes are perfect for cleaning jewelry with difficult-to-access corners. If dirt persists, carry out the same process in clean water. Even with proper storage, silver jewelry will require regular polishing at least twice a year to remove tarnish. Don’t overpolish silver jewelry because it can also cause damage.
Important: gold-plated items require greater care. Rubbing too hard may cause loss of plating. It is therefore important that you do this gently in order to avoid any damage. A special silver-polishing cloth is a great tool to make your jewelry shine again, in the event that it becomes darkened over time. However, this technique will not remove any scratches or dents present on the jewelry.
Please note: Coalesce cannot guarantee that the gold-plating of our items will last forever. Gold-plated items are, by their nature, more fragile and susceptible to lose colour over time. The speed at which this colour fades will depend on various factors, such as the use of chemical products on the skin, how much the wearer sweats, or even the pH level of the individual’s skin. For this reason, it is particularly important to ensure suitable care of your gold-plated jewelry.
COALESCE REPAIR CENTER:
If any of your COALESCE pieces gets damaged for reasons beyond our control, please contact us in order to send the piece to our Repair Center, we will do our best to repair your piece.
Before procedure we will send you the estimated expenses, including the shipping expenses and the cost of any replacement pieces for your approval.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries.